Villa Arrighi, Umbria
Self Catered, Sleeps 12
- 11th Century Origins
- Mature Garden & Paved Courtyard
- Outdoor Infinity Pool (18m x 4m)
- Wine Cellar
- BBQ and Alfresco Seating
- Large shaded dining table seating 12
- Traditional bread oven
- Vaulted stone built underground pool house with shower and WC, changing facilities, towel storage
- Full access to the Reschio estate's sporting activities, such as horse riding, rental of mountain bikes, picnic and boating on one of the lakes
- Car port for 4 cars and automatic illumination, automatic gate
- Laundry Facilities
- Underfloor heating for winter and off season
- Water softener system
- Air Conditioning (Bedrooms)
On the Tuscan/ Umbrian border 5 minutes from the village of Mercatale with its good facilities including pharmacy, butchers and mid-sized grocery store.
Easy access to some of the highlights of Umbria, such as Montone and Perugia. Very close to Cortona, easy day trips into the Val d'Orcia, Siena and Chianti. There is a train station at Terontola approximately 40 km away for easy access to Florence.
10 minute drive to restaurant and tennis court.
Once a watch tower with an adjoining fortified farmhouse, with 11th century origins, the property was beautifully restored in 2004 with spacious light modern interiors, sandstone flooring and a spectacular glass encased external staircase tower. The property is approached via a short driveway lined with holm oaks that leads into a large paved courtyard with a fountain, surrounded by a mature garden with ancient olive trees and Mediterranean plants. The grounds are extensive and property's wonderful hilltop position provides fabulous 360 degree views.
With its large 18m x 4m infinity pool, vaulted pool house, Romanesque features, classic modern interiors and convenient position on the estate, this is a unique property located within easy distances of some of the greatest highlights of the region.
Prices are based on exclusive use of the villa for up to 12 guests and is offered on a self-catered basis with housekeeping 6 times a week.
Additional services are available on request. Please note there is also a security deposit of €10,000 EUR prior to arrival.
LAYOUT & FACILITIES MAIN HOUSE - GROUND FLOOR:
- External entrance hall
- Large high ceiling kitchen with huge original arch, sandstone work surfaces with fitted bespoke oak fittings fully equipped including 6 burner gas cooker, dishwasher and icemaker fridge, and a custom made table block and stools and multiregional DVD/TV and also separate larder and pantry
- Butler's kitchen and larder
- Summer living room leading off dining room with fireplace and access to garden
- Dining room which seats 12 with access to outside dining terrace
- Double bedroom with en suite bathroom and access to the garden
MAIN HOUSE -First Floor:
Double height sitting room on first floor with majestic fireplace
Landing which doubles as a loggia as windows slide back into walls to create an open air space - access to courtyard via external stairs
Master Suite & Double bedroom
MAIN HOUSE -Second Floor:
2 Double bedrooms
Sitting room with kitchenette & TV
Laundry room fully equipped with washing machine, dryer and ironing machine
Bedroom 1: Spacious master with windows on three sides, with en-suite shower room and separate bathroom, dressing room and TV sitting room/study, on first floor
Bedroom 2: large double on ground floor of the tower with en-suite bathroom containing square stone bathtub, direct access to the garden and courtyard
Bedroom 3: double bedroom with en-suite bathroom on first floor of tower
Bedroom 4: double with walk-in bathroom on second and top floor of the tower
Bedroom 5: double, en-suite bathroom on second floor accessed by steel and oak walk way around double height sitting room
1 double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
FROM £22,904 TO £28,594
- Private use of the villa
- Housekeeping 6 times a week
- Bedlinen and towels
- Full gardening and pool cleaning service
- 24-hour emergency service, linen change, use of pool towels
- Daytime Concierge Service
- Check in 4pm
- Check Out 10 am
- Additional housekeeping
- Cook service, subject to availability
- Pool heating
- Central heating if necessary
Additional services available (at extra cost):