Villa Arrighi, Umbria
Self Catered, Sleeps 12
- WiFi, Air Conditioning
- Full access to the Reschio estate's sporting activities, such as horse riding, rental of mountain bikes, picnic and boating on one of the lakes
- 6 bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
- Underfloor heating for winter and off season
- Water softener system
- Large shaded dining table seating 12
- Traditional bread oven
- 18 x 4 metre swimming pool
- Vaulted stone built underground pool house with shower and WC, changing facilities, towel storage
- Car port for 4 cars and automatic illumination, automatic gate
On the Tuscan/ Umbrian border 5 minutes from the village of Mercatale with its good facilities including pharmacy, butchers and mid-sized grocery store.
Easy access to some of the highlights of Umbria, such as Montone and Perugia. Very close to Cortona, easy day trips into the Val d'Orcia, Siena and Chianti. There is a train station at Terontola approximately 40 km away for easy access to Florence.
2 minute walk to restaurant and tennis court.
Once a watch tower with an adjoining fortified farmhouse, with 11th century origins, the property was beautifully restored in 2004 with spacious light modern interiors, sandstone flooring and a spectacular glass encased external staircase tower. The property is approached via a short driveway lined with holm oaks that leads into a large paved courtyard with a fountain, surrounded by a mature garden with ancient olive trees and Mediterranean plants. The grounds are extensive and property's wonderful hilltop position provides fabulous 360 degree views.
With its large 18m x 4m infinity pool, vaulted pool house, Romanesque features, classic modern interiors and convenient position on the estate, this is a unique property located within easy distances of some of the greatest highlights of the region.
• External entrance hall
• Large high ceiling kitchen with huge original arch, sandstone work surfaces with fitted bespoke oak fittings fully equipped including 6 burner gas cooker, dishwasher and ice-maker fridge, and a custom made table block and stools and multi-regional DVD/TV and also separate larder and pantry
• Butler's kitchen and larder
• Summer living room leading off dining room with fireplace and access to garden
• Dining room which seats 12 with access to outside dining terrace
• Large double with en suite bathroom containing square stone bathtub, direct access to the garden and courtyard
• Double height sitting room on first floor with majestic fireplace
• Landing which doubles as a loggia as windows slide back into walls to create an open air space - access to courtyard via external stairs
• Spacious master with windows on three sides, with en-suite shower room and separate bathroom, dressing room and TV sitting room/study
• Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
• Double bedroom with walk-in bathroom on second and top floor of the tower
• Double bedroom with en suite bathroom, accessed by steel and oak walk way around double height sitting room
• Sitting room with kitchenette & TV
• Double bedroom
• Laundry room fully equipped with washing machine, dryer and ironing machine
• Wine cellar
• Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
• Large outdoor dining table seats 12, under covered loggia, traditional bread oven (for roasts, grills and pizza), with back up 15 KW generator and storage at the back
• Swimming pool 18 x 4 metres with overflow towards valley and spectacular views of the castle, vaulted stone built underground pool house with shower and WC, changing facilities, towel storage
• Carport for 4 cars and automatic illumination, automatic gate
• Spectacular 360 degree views over the surrounding mountains and hills of the Niccone Valley and the Castello di Reschio Estate
Prices for this
property on request
Please call +44 (0)1202 203656 or email us for further information.
- Daily housekeeping (5 - 6 hours per day for 6 days a week except Sunday)
- Full gardening and pool cleaning service
- 24-hour emergency service, linen change, use of pool towels
- Daytime Concierge Service
- Extra maid service available up to full time 6 days a week
- Meals and cooking
- Shopping service