Villa Contralto, Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Chef Service Included, Sleeps 9
- Air conditioning and WiFi
- Spacious rooms, beautifully furnished
- All bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
- Doors that open up onto terraces and gardens
- Gym with rowing machine, elliptical machine and weights
- Superb wine cellar
- Private sea level sun deck with diving and boat landing platform
- 500 m² terraced gardens
- 2 Professional Massage Tables
- Superb team of local staff including cook
Overlooking one of the most spectacular stretches of coastline in Italy and one of its most iconic seaside villages, Villa Contralto is one of Positano's most beautiful private properties, idyllically placed to enjoy the atmosphere and intrigue of Positano's mazy cobblestoned streets, as well as many of the other attractions of the Amalfi coast from Capri to Ravello.
Whilst, many of Positano's properties fight for space on the cliff side of this spectacular, vertiginous village, one of the great charms of Contralto is its sense of space. Not only do the 500m2 of gardens and private sea level sun deck feel like a true luxury to have, they are also beautifully maintained and perfectly positioned to take in the incredible local panorama of Amalfi life - boats and yachts sliding through the bright blue waters, dropping anchor for their guests to swim, dive and snorkel in front of Positano's striking backdrop. Interiors also have a wonderful sense of space, with a kitchen and reception rooms that spill out onto the spacious terraces where guests dine, chat and relax in the sunny surroundings.
Inside Villa Contralto, the bedrooms and reception rooms are all elegantly furnished with a mix of the classic and the contemporary. The property feels spacious and light with sunshine pouring through terrace doors and windows into the living room, study and kitchen areas.
From the outdoor dining terrace a set of private steps, lit at night, and covered with a pergola of bougainvillea lead down through pretty garden terraces to a sun-bathing and swimming deck. Here there are high quality long chairs and sun loungers, a large open air shower, a wonderful diving platform and a table and deck chairs under a pergola.
The whole area is well set up and includes an intercom link with the villa's kitchen. There's also well as a boat landing area for those ordering water taxis, or hiring a boat whilst they are at the villa. A few short minutes away by water taxi and you are on the beaches of Positano looking up at the striking village streets and mix of white washed and pastel hued village houses and hotels, or heading towards some of Europe's most stunning beach side restaurants like Da Adolfo and Conca del Sogno.
The gardens have over 500 square metres of citrus trees, and bougainvillea terraces. There are few places to holiday that have a more spectacular setting than the hillside of Positano and the surrounding sparkling seas of the Mediterranean. The views simply couldn't be better!
N.B. Children between 12 and 18 years old are welcome, but the owner has to be advised before confirming the booking. Children under 12 years old, can only be accommodated on request
• Wine cellar, gym, 2 professional massage tables
• Bright kitchen, living and dining areas
• Bedroom 1 - master room with king size bed, air conditioning, ceiling fan, walk-in wardrobe area with wall safe, en suite windowed bathroom with large wall mounted shower, light-coloured marble floor, private large roof terrace with pergola and sun bed
• Bedroom 2 - double bed, air conditioning, walk-in wardrobe, en suite windowed bathroom with tub-shower, private large roof terrace with pergola and long chairs overlooking Positano and the sea
• Bedroom 3 - double bed, air conditioning & ceiling fan, en suite windowed bathroom with large cabin shower, private balcony
• Bedroom 4 - double bed, air conditioning and ceiling fan, antique baldachin bed, walk-in wardrobe area, en suite windowed bathroom with tub-shower
• Dining terrace and gardens
• Private sea level sun deck with diving and boat landing platform
Prices for this
property on request
Please call +44 (0)1202 203656 or email us for further information.
- Daily housekeeping
- Continental Buffet Breakfast from 8am to 10am - excluding maid day off (during the week)
- Lunch and Dinner (dinner service ends at 10pm) - excluding chef's day off on Sunday
- Garden maintenance
- Sommelier on request
- Towels are changed everyday and bed linen twice a week
- Beach towels changed every three days