Villa Gauggiole, Tuscany
Self Catered, Sleeps 8
- LCD flat screen TVs in living room, library and all bedrooms
- Broadband / WiFi
- Air conditioning
- There is a pool house with kitchenette and bathroom
- Outdoor shaded pergola seating and dining area
- Large heated swimming pool
- Use of Castiglion del Bosco Golf Course (Green fees apply)
- Use of estates restaurants, tennis courts and spa facilities
Villa Gauggiole is set within the Castiglion del Bosco estate which offers two fabulous restaurants, a state of the art fitness and spa complex, tennis courts, one of Italy's newest and most spectacular golf courses, a famous frescoed chapel and a shimmering infinity swimming pool that overlooks both Montalcino and the ranging, raw beauty of the Val d'Orcia.
This is classic Tuscany, though subtly different from the iconic scenery of Chianti. The Val d'Orcia, awarded UNESCO's World Cultural Landscape status in 1996, is an artist's dream with hills that gently undulate under a vast sky. Nearby, Pienza is the "touchstone of Renaissance urbanism" and just a short distance away, are the renowned wine towns of Montalcino, noted for its fine Brunello reds, and Montepulciano of Vino Nobile fame.
Outside the villa there are landscaped gardens and lawns, a heated outdoor pool in natural stone, a pergola-covered BBQ terrace, a wood-fired pizza oven and spectacular views of the surrounding countryside. Inside are designer fabrics, wood and terracotta floors, fabulous high ceilings and wonderful features such as ranging, spacious, well -appointed rooms with antique and handmade furniture.
The villa's ground floor is elegant, spacious and homely. The living room has a wonderful authentic Tuscan fireplace. The dining area is beautifully presented and leads into a designer kitchen that might just inspire your culinary skills to come out, or those of your cook! Upstairs there are three beautiful bedrooms each with en suite bathroom.
Adjacent, there is a lovely a guest house with a fourth bedroom with en suite bathroom and outdoor pergola-shaded seating area.
Main House - 4796ft2
• Living room with authentic Tuscan fireplace
• Library/TV room
• Dining room
• Kitchen and laundry room
• Two powder rooms
• Bedroom 1 - Master with king size bed, en suite bathroom
• Bedroom 2 - King, en suite bathroom, walk-in closet
• Bedroom 3 - Twin, en suite bathroom
Guest House - 813ft2
• Bedroom 4 - King, en suite bathroom
Pool House -634ft2
• Living room, kitchenette and bathroom
• Landscaped gardens with fabulous heated swimming pool
• Spectacular views over the Val d'Orcia - Tuscany's most dramatic landsacpe, with Montalcino directly ahead across the valley
• Use of estates restaurants, tennis courts, spa facilities and golf course