Tenuta Cantata, Tuscany
Self Catered, Sleeps 12
- Spacious interiors
- Beautiful reception rooms
- Individually decorated bedrooms
- Modern bathrooms, huge walk in showers
- Free-standing roll-top baths
- WiFi Internet Access
- Heating (payable locally)
- Window screens (bedrooms)
- Dishwasher/ washing machine
- Basic Italian Sky Satellite TV, DVD & CD Player, telephone
- 12x6 m swimming pool with built in steps
- Tennis Court
- Terraces for drinks
- Covered seating area by the pool
- Arched loggia for dining al fresco
- 34 hectares of meadows, woods, grounds
- Idyllic garden with olive trees, lawns and borders
- Beautiful terraces
- BBQ, Pizza oven
Blissfully set amongst some of Tuscany's most verdant countryside, with views of charmingly castellated hilltops, Tenuta Cantata has the charm and understated elegance of a lovingly designed country home. Roughly hewn oak-beamed ceilings and stone lintels and floors share a palette of tones with lovingly chosen fabrics and furnishings.
Airports: Perugia 35km, Ancona 153 km, Rimini 173 km, Bologna 225 km, Pisa 245 km, Rome 260 km
Nearest shopping: Mercatale 8km, Supermarket Umbertide 12km, Camucia Cortona 25km
Places of interest: Cortona 25km, Perugia 46 km, Siena 96 km, Citta di Castello 30 km, Montepulciano 54 km, Arezzo 54 km, Assisi 64 km, Todi 86 km, Spoleto 100 km
The house feels like a real home, with bags of space and a wonderful understated elegance. It is fresh and full of charm, and although you'll fall in love with the beautifully concocted interiors, you'll be constantly drawn to the views through the windows and from the first floor terraces that overlook miles of far reaching countryside. A wonderful setting for evening drinks, where your eyes can't help but meander over the brightly lit castellated hilltops and their deeply lined valleys below.
Far from being caught in time itself, the house belies its roughly hewn oak rafters, honey-coloured stone clad floors and solid country beams by embracing modernity. There's WiFi throughout, a fully equipped kitchen with a range of features, from a 6 range stove top, induction hot plate and 2 ovens, to a dishwasher and large refrigerator/ freezer.
In the bathrooms there are large walk in showers, all ensuring that the place is ideally set up for a full house of guests. Elsewhere around the house, the drawing room has some suitably deep, comfortable sofas, and an inspiring collection of artwork. On this floor there's also a charming and characterful study for those wanting to tuck themselves away for a few hours. Furthermore, the upstairs galleried sitting room, with more sofas, is a beautiful space to escape from the world.
One of the property's most striking features is its beautiful arched loggia with a huge reclaimed oak table and, most importantly, some sublime views over the pretty gardens and lawns, the olive trees and the infinity pool below.
Outdoors, the estate comprises olive groves, meadows and woods, an idyllic setting offering some lovely walks as well as the serenity of a private lake. Closer to the property itself there's a superb tennis court (for exclusive use) and in the pretty gardens there's a lovely infinity edged swimming pool with a pool terrace that includes a shady seating area for those wanting to escape the hot sun.
The property comes with daily maid service (6 days) and a cook service available on request. It takes a maximum of 12 guests.
All bedrooms are individually decorated and full of charm, with four poster beds and antique furniture. The beautiful bathrooms have enormous walk in showers and free-standing roll top baths.
• Kitchen with long, hand crafted wood dining table for 10, 2 ovens, a 6 range stove top, an induction hot plate, espresso machine, large refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, toaster
• Drawing room
• Sitting/TV room
• Utility room
• Double bedroom (can be made up as twin)
• Shower room with twin sinks
• Double bedroom with roll top bath and walk in shower
• Galleried sitting room
• Double bedroom with en suite shower room
• Library/bedroom with double bed on request
• Bathroom with walk in shower
• King size bedroom with shared bathroom, roll top bath and walk in shower
• Twin (may be double) bedroom with en suite bathroom
• Master bedroom with terrace, en suite bathroom with shower and tub