Mas de Carces, Provence
Self Catered, Sleeps 8
- Air conditioning in the Pigeonnier
- DVD/CD Player with library of DVDs/CDs
- Satellite TV with English-speaking channels
- Swimming pool with alarm
- Covered outdoor dining terrace
- River Caramy
One of the prettiest villas in Provence, Mas de Carces is in an idyllic setting on the banks of the river Caramy. This picture-postcard little house oozes fairytale charm with country kitchen and inglenook fireplace, cosy reading room and romantic bedroom in the Pigeonnier tower. The house is surrounded by over two acres of lawn and orchard, a riverside play area and a garden à la française.
Situated in a peaceful position in the Var region, the nearest town is Carces, noted for its narrow streets, vaulted passageways and a number of trompe l'oeil wall murals.
Originally a stone Mas, the property has been renovated with flair; terracotta, stone and travertine floors combining with flamboyant furnishings and rich fabrics. French windows on the ground floor open onto a splendid covered dining terrace, overlooking the swimming pool and gardens, while inside a formal dining area is on a mezzanine landing above the living room. A 'snug' room, on the lower ground floor, has a sofa, armchair and TV, beyond which is the country kitchen, with professional quality stove and island preparation area.
The house has four bedrooms and bathrooms, decorated with colourful accent walls and bedcovers, soft linens and antique armoires. The main bedroom in the tower has a queen-sized bed, exposed stone walls and views over the surrounding gardens. This room also has air-conditioning. In addition to two further bedrooms in the main house, a fourth bedroom is located in an adjacent guest annexe, with portable air-conditioning unit and French windows to the pool area.
The views from the dining terrace overlook the pool and grounds, beyond which is lightly covered oak forest.
N.B. The proximity of the river Caramy requires that children should be supervised.
• Bedroom 1: double bed with en suite bathroom
• Bedroom 2: double bed with en suite bathroom
• Bedroom 3: double bed with separate bathroom
• Bedroom 4: double bed with en suite bathroom
• Swimming pool
• Well maintained gardens with lawn areas around the pool, a formal garden à la francaise to the front of the property and open grassy areas
• Informal, vine-covered breakfast terrace is positioned off the kitchen, whilst a broader dining terrace overlooks the swimming pool. The river Caramy runs through the grounds.