La Bastide du Val, Provence
Self Catered, Sleeps 14
- Air conditioning in all 7 bedrooms
- Well-presented interiors
- iPod docking station
- 17m heated swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Table tennis
Aix-en-Provence has several epithets. 'Paris of the South' reflects the wide tree-lined boulevards and prominence of Belle Epoque architecture, synonymous with the capital. 'The city of a thousand fountains', the many town squares, or places, where café terraces surround trickling fountains. Whatever the title, the birthplace of modernism is a thriving place, where café culture and art are intrinsic to daily life.
Beach (40 minutes); Avignon (50 minutes); Nice (90 minutes)
Within a few miles of Aix, the Bastide du Val is a seven bedroom Maison de Maitre, or Manor House, surrounded with 25 acres of olive orchard, lavender fields and cypress trees. The house is well-equipped with leisure features including a 17 metre swimming pool, tennis court, gym, table tennis and boules pitch. Additionally, an 18-hole golf course is located a short distance from the house.
• Semi-professional kitchen with cold storage
• Drawing room with fireplace
• All ground floor rooms open onto surrounding gardens and terraces
• Bedroom 1 - Master bedroom - king size bed with traditional tomette floor tiling and fireplace, en suite bath and separate shower
• Bedroom 2 - king size bed
• Bedroom 3 - queen size bed
• Bedroom 2 and 3 share a separate bathroom with bath/shower
• Bedroom 4 - king size bed with garden views and fireplace
• Bedroom 5 - 2 Single beds
• Bedroom 4 and 5 share a separate brand new beautiful bathroom with shower
• Bedroom 6 - king size bed
• Bedroom 7 - 2 single beds
• Bedroom 6 and 7 share a separate bathroom with bath and separate shower
• The gardens consist of 25 acres of grounds surround the house, comprising largely olive orchards and lavender. Shaded dining terraces surround the house and pool area.
• The Views extend over olive orchards to the Massif de l'Etoile mountain range on the horizon.