Villa Binicalaf, Menorca
Fully Staffed Only, Sleeps 18-22
- Main house and three guest house cottages
- Study with WiFi
- En suite bathrooms including indoor plunge bath
- 200 year old Finca with traditional features
- Gated swimming pool
- Access to private pebbled beach
- 300 acres including lawns
- Shaded dining and breakfast terraces with sea views
The beach and rocky grove being located a mere fifteen minute walk from the villa. Beautifully set overlooking the sea on the south coast of Menorca is this charasmatic villa, Binicalaf. Set in a fantastic 240 acres of grounds including a private rocky cove and panoramic sea views from the lawns. The pretty port of Mahon just 10 minutes away.
A recent 50th birthday bash held at Binicalef was considered a resounding success. The reason the week-long family gathering worked so well was put down in no small part to the relaxed but attentive approach of the team at the villa: Pepe, the opera-singing chef, ensured that meals served on the terrace overlooking the ocean were stress free for everyone - while Marie and her team kept the villa looking great so that guests could spend their time relaxing at the pool, or frolicking at the beach. In the evening, whilst guests were enjoying Pepe's three-course fare and a few bottles from the house wine list, Andreas the estate manager had set up an outdoor projector screen, so that the family could gather for movies under the stars.
The spacious and well-arranged accommodation divided between the main house, a 200-year-old honey-stoned Finca, and three separate cottages, a collection of former farm buildings and cattle sheds renovated into comfortable bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, and in one building, a small gym and games room.
On the ground floor there is an office and a beautiful living and kitchen area leading onto the breakfast terrace. Followed by 3 bedrooms; children's twin room with en suite bathroom, a double bedroom and another double bedroom with en suite bathroom leads to a gated indoor plunge bath.
Onto the first floor, there is the master bedroom with double bed, en suite bathroom and picturesque sea views.
Outside there are three cottages, The first has a fitness and games room and 3 bedrooms; 1 double bedroom with en suite bathroom, 1 with bunk beds (sleeps 4 children) with en suite bathroom and another double/twin bedroom with en suite bathroom.
The second cottage has a double bed with en suite shower room and the third cottage is located 2km from the main house and features 2 double bedrooms; 1 with en suite shower room, a kitchen and air-conditioning.
With surprisingly verdant lawns, the 300 acre estate certainly has plenty to keep guests entertained. A gated 15m x 6m feature rock swimming pool area is positioned 150m from the main house. Along a dusty track some 15 minutes' walk away steps lead down to a private rocky beach, where crystal waters lap the shores, and picnics can be laid out on the rocks. There are also volleyball nets and ball games, shady reading corners and sunny terraces.
But for all the activities, it is inevitably the dining terrace, edged with flickering lanterns and warmed with a lambent fire-pit that draws everyone together in the evenings - for a three-course meal and possibly an aria or two.
Two interconnecting double/twin bedrooms, sharing a bathroom, and a double en suite bedroom are located on the ground floor.
A further double en suite bedroom can be found on the first floor.
There are also two separate guest cottages, each with twin/double bedrooms with en suite showers and a further cottage with twin/double bedroom, double bedroom and double bunk bedroom (sleeping four), all with en suite showers.
• Kitchen, Living Area, Breakfast terrace, Hallway and Office
• Bedroom 1: children's twin room with en suite bathroom
• Bedroom 2: double bedroom
• Bedroom 3: double bedroom with en suite bathroom leads to indoor plunge bath (gated)
• Bedroom 4: master bedroom with double bed, en suite bathroom and sea views on first floor
• Fitness and Games room
• Bedroom 5: double bedroom with en suite bathroom
• Bedroom 6: bunk beds (sleeps 4 children) with en suite bathroom
• Bedroom 7: double bedroom (can be set-up as a twin) with en suite bathroom
• Bedroom 8: double bed with en suite shower room
Cottage 3 (2 km from Main House)
• Bedroom 9: double bed with en suite shower room
• Bedroom 10: double bed
Prices for this
property on request
Please call +44 (0)1202 203656 or email us for further information.
- Cook included three meals per day (excl. Weds) - food charged as supplement
- Daily housekeeping and turn-down service
- Airport meet and greet
- Pool and grounds maintenance
View Wish List
You must be logged in