Mas Mateu, Costa Brava
Chef Service Included, Sleeps 10-24
- Private Swimming Pool (Pool Heating available at additional cost)
- WiFi Broadband internet
- DVD and CD Player
- Satellite TV with English Channels
- Full Air Conditioning
- iPod Docking System (iPod not included)
- Central Heating
- Children's toys
- Computer for client's use
- Gym equipment
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Spa and Sauna
Situated within an impressive and expansive late 17th century Spanish estate, Mas Mateu is the perfect example of classic combining with contemporary to produce a match made in heaven. Steeped in Catalan history, the house is set amongst the undulating Gavarran Mountains with uninterrupted views of the Pyrenees in the far distance, yet still only 15 km from the rugged delights of the Costa Brava.
45 km from Girona Airport; 35 km from Girona; Under 2 hour’s drive from Barcelona (136 km); 2 hour drive from Barcelona Airport (150 km); Club Platja de Pals -12 km; Golf Serres de Pals - 9 km.
Half an hour’s drive to several of Costa Brava’s finest beaches, including Calella del Palafrugell, Aiguablava, L’Escala
Upon arrival at Mas Mateu the property’s vast classical wealth is immediately apparent. You are greeted by an entrance hall dressed from top to toe in Catalan traditions; from the ceramic flooring to the vaulted ceilings. This classical style is graced with the presence of the impressive contemporary stone staircase beckoning you to the heights above. Off the entrance hall are a host of inviting lounges and living areas that will satisfy all needs; whether you are looking to recline into a deep state of relaxation in either the Spa or private cinema after a long 18-holes at the nearby golf course or whether you wish to grab some exercise in the well equipped gym after an exhausting day lounging by the exquisite infinity pool, all are possible within Mas Mateu’s resplendent walls.
Each bedroom is uniquely decorated in delicate Catalan tones, accompanied by locally sourced rugs, unique family heirlooms and individual fireplaces. Many enjoy far-reaching views of the Costa Brava from their own private terrace. Dining is a truly Catalan experience at Mas Mateu. Enjoy a Spanish banquet, freshly prepared by the in-house chef, under the stars on one of the many open terraces or eat in the elegant dining room, both perfect locations to ponder over a bottle of Rioja from the fully stocked wine cellar what the morning will bring; a day’s cycling in the glorious surrounding Gavarres National Park? Or perhaps a game of Padel - a traditional Catalonian form of tennis?
On the rare occasion that you need to venture outside of the estate, the surrounding region houses an abundance of celebrated restaurants, including El Bulli and El Cellar de Can Roca.
N.B. Price is based on 7 nights’ accommodation with exclusive occupancy of the villa for up to 20 guests. It is possible to rent the property for 10 guests and 25 guests, please enquire for prices.
The prices displayed are converted daily from Euros into UK Pounds, and therefore the prices displayed will fluctuate from one day to the next. All quotes will be provided in Euros.
Please note that 10% VAT is not included and will be added
• Suite Peratallada: Double bed with fireplace and en suite with bath and shower (35.36 sqm)
• Suite Mediterraneo: Double bed with en suite with bath (28.47 sqm)
• Kids Room: 4 single beds (19.87sqm)
• Guest Bedroom 1 and 2: Double Beds (23.36 sqm and 18.24 sqm)
• Two adjacent rest rooms with direct access to the Guest room, Kids Room 1 & 2. One with bath and shower and the other just a shower (12.06 sqm)
• Suite Mas Mateu: Double bed and large separate living area. En suite with free standing oval bath tub and separate shower (89.49 sqm)
• Study (17.77 sqm) and Terrace (71.22sqm) sqm)
• Suite Los Olivos: Double bed with en suite with separate bath and shower. Own private terrace (39.59 sqm)
• Suite Les Gavarres: Double bed with library and living area. En suite with separate bath and shower. Private large terrace (51.63 sqm)
• Suite Pyrinee: Double bed with en suite with shower (31.59 sqm)
• Suite Costa Brava: Double Bed and en suite with bath with shower (27.25 sqm)
• Gymnasium with treadmill and exercise bikes.
• Jacuzzi and sauna room with massage room (38.13 sqm)
• Relax room (16.52 sqm) with massage and sun bed
The Director's House
Located a short walk away from the main house accommodating a further 6 guests:
• 1 Master suite with Queen bed
• 2 Master suites with twin beds
• Living room, kitchen and terrace
- Seven nights' accommodation for up to 18 guests (Please enquire for price for 10 guests and 24 guests)
- Full use of the villa and its facilities
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity
- Maid service, 7 days a week
- Household linen, bed linen and pool towels provided and changed weekly
- Final Cleaning
- Private Chef Service (Excludes the cost of groceries)
- Butler Service
- Pool man and Gardener
- Extra maid service available on request at €16 per hour
- Telephone as per consumption
- Pool Heating additional cost
- Horses can be provided on request at least 1 month in advance. Maximum of 10 horses. Lessons can also be arranged for guests, subject to availability.
View Wish List
You must be logged in