Les Prés Fleuris, Provence
Self Catered, Sleeps 10
- Spacious accommodation with guest cottage and annexe room
- Office area with WiFi
- All bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
- 12 metre swimming pool
- Sunny, flower-filled gardens
- Shaded outdoor dining terrace
Les Prés Fleuris is located in St Saturnin. The Northern plains of the Luberon National Park are considered by some to be the final frontier of true Provence. Ancient stone villages cling to rock faces, casually contemplating a landscape of lavender and cherry orchards, with the same insouciant timelessness of the old boys playing pétanque in the shade of village squares.
Here locals still frequent the restaurant tables and terraces, where great value and authenticity go hand-in-hand. Men earn their keep on the land, where orchards are dotted with fruit-pickers, vines tower above the eye-line, and carafes of rosé are stocked in the shade to quench thirsts and spirits.
A long vine-covered terrace, classically furnished with wrought-iron Provencal table and chairs, is the perfect spot to while away the summer afternoons, to the hazy backdrop of lavender and rose-filled gardens, fields of olive orchard and vines of Grenache, and on the horizon, the ancient villages of St Saturnin and Villars.
Immediately and conveniently located next to the terrace, a country kitchen is well equipped and simmers with inspiration. There is an office area with WiFi and adjacent living area with plenty of character, including oak-beamed ceilings and open fireplace.
All bedrooms have en suite bathrooms and are prettily decorated in vibrant pastels, with views from the first floor bedrooms over the splendid surrounding scenery. A separate annexe, next to the main house, has a further twin bedroom. Beyond shaded oak trees, a wholly independent guest cottage has a further two bedrooms, as well as kitchen facilities and private terrace.
• Bedroom 1 - master bedroom with four poster bed and en suite bathroom with bath and shower
• Bedroom 2 - double bedroom with queen bed and en suite bathroom with shower
• Bedroom 3 - twin bedroom with two single beds and en suite bathroom
• Bedroom 4 - twin bedroom with two single beds and en suite bathroom
• Bedroom 5 - double bed with en suite bathroom
• Bedroom 6 - triple with three single beds and bathroom
• The gardens are beautifully maintained, neatly bordered with white roses and lavender
• The views are of a classically Provencal outlook, taking in rows of vines, olive groves and lavender fields.