Le Clos des Vignes, Dordogne
South West France, France
Self Catered, Sleeps 12-14
- Fumoir cinema room
- Fully equipped professional kitchen
- 6 bedrooms with en suite
- Heated 15m x 8m swimming pool
- All weather tennis court
- Private gardens with panoramic views
- Ample parking
Far from the chaos and glitz of the Côte d'Azur, the Corbière region is a quiet land of contrasting landscapes and historical masterpieces, such as the Cathar castles and medieval abbayes. Less than an hour from long sandy beaches of the coast, the romantic Canal de Midi, and the fortified city of Carcassonne.
This region has a lot to offer an adventurous and curious traveller. At the elegant Le Clos des Vignes, lazing by the pool with a glass of Corbière red is a perfect reward for a day of exploring, a home that reminds you in every detail that you are there to be spoilt and to leave you with impressive memories.
Considered by some as the last truly 'secret' region of France, travel over panoramic passes and green ridges on the trail of the mysterious Cathars, a religious sect who sought refuge in the perched castles and fortified towns still dotting the countryside today inn the foothills of the Pyrénées. Discover Le Clos des Vignes, a former wine cave transformed into a luxurious retreat set on 120 stunning acres.
Resurrected as an expansive country home with large, bright spaces, the interior design pays tribute to the surrounding landscape of lavender fields and thyme, both fantastic medicinal plants. Every detail - marble and cream coloured rooms, coppery fixtures, and elegant fabrics were chosen to respects the colours found in the natural environment and provide guests with sumptuous comfort.
On the second floor five en suite bedrooms encircle the immense open-plan living room where guests can gather in the warmth of the sunny atrium with its superb views of the landscape. For stay-at-home entertainment, you'll find a fumoir cinema room. A fully-equipped professional kitchen awaits your culinary adventures.
Outside, the garden wing provides a sheltered courtyard, with dining area and outdoor chimney barbecue - ideal for grilling your sardines infused with thyme from the garden. Follow the terrace to the private gardens with a large heated pool and an all-weather tennis court.
• Contemporary kitchen, dining lounge with log fire and fumoir cinema room
• Bedroom 1 - Master Double bedroom with en suite bathroom with free standing bath, dressing room and study
• Bedrooms 2 - Double bedroom with bath and walk-in shower en suite
• Bedrooms 3 - Double bedroom with bath and walk-in shower en suite
• Bedroom 4 - Twin with shower en suite
• Bedroom 5 - Double with shower en suite
• Bedroom 6 - Double with shower en suite
• All weather tennis court
• Heated 15m x 8m swimming pool
• Herb gardens